Caring for your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics
Using care and high quality products specifically designed for car cleaning and maintenance will keep your vehicle lettering and graphics looking their best. As with the paint on a vehicle, exposure to the elements is another factor that affects the life of a vinyl product. Protecting your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics from the elements as much as possible will extend the life of your investment.
Careful cleaning will go a long way in protecting your vehicle. It’s very important to learn about the steps in caring for your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics.
Vehicle Car Care DOs and DON’Ts
- Hand wash your vehicle with a sponge or soft cloth. A wash mitt works well.
- Clean fuel spills immediately.
- Cleaning products should be mild, non-abrasive, non-solvent liquid cleaners, such as
- 3M™ Car Wash Soap 39000
- Meguiar’s NXT Generation® Car Wash
- Deep Crystal® Car Wash
- Isopropyl Alcohol and water at a ratio of 2:1
- Simple Green™ All Purpose Cleaner
- Pre-clean difficult contaminates like bug splatter, bird droppings or tree sap by soaking with hot soapy water for several minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry thoroughly.
- Keep the hose nozzle at least 1 foot (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (at 90 degrees) to the graphic so water is not forced under the vinyl. Reminder: do NOT power wash.
- Try to store the vehicle in a garage, or covered parking.
- Park vehicle in the shade, whenever possible.
- Do NOT a power-wash as this may lift the vinyl.
- Do NOT take your vehicle through an automatic car wash.
- Do NOT go through a brushless car wash. The chemicals used to make up for brushes can do damage to the vinyl lettering.
- Do NOT use a buffing wheel over the graphics.
- Do NOT use the degreasers.
- Do NOT rub hard at the edges of the vinyl.
Exposure to the elements
Store the vehicle in a garage or covered parking, if possible. If no covered parking is available consider a cloth cover or at least parking the vehicle in the shade during
Crivello Signs, Inc uses high-performance 3M vinyl’s for vehicle lettering lettering and graphics to ensure the longest life possible.